Construction Law CLE - April 19, 2013
Construction Law CLE
Co-sponsored by the WSBA Construcion Law Section and the Yakima County Volunteer Attorney Services
The Construction Law Class will discuss:
- Construction 101: emphasis on residential projects, including contract clauses and practical advice to guide practitioners through issues on constructions projects.
- Liens: includes general construction and interpretation; parties eligible to claim a mechanic’s lien, property subject to the lien; personal liability…and more!
- Ethical questions facing the typical practitioner
- Damages: covers calculation, documentation, proving of, and defending against, different categories of damages suffered by contractors and/or owners in their course of dealing on a construction contract.
- Insurance: coverage triggers; common coverage issues in construction litigation and more!
When: April 19, 2013
Where: Yakima Valley Museum
Centennial Meeting Room
2105 Tieton Drive.
Credits: 4.5 general credits, 1.0 ethics credit
Cost: $185 (includes materials and lunch)
To register, please complete this form by April 12, 2013.
Accommodations: A special rate has been arranged at the Hilton Garden Inn for $105/night + tax for April 18 and 19. Please contact them at 509.454.1111 NO LATER THAN March 28th to make your reservation. Refer to the Construction Law CLE Group Rate.
Golf for CLE Participants: Special golf rates for CLE participants have been arranged at the Apple Tree Gold Course. On Thursday, April 18, a rate is $35 is available for golfers whose tee times begin at or after 2pm. On Saturday, April 20, a rate of $59 is available for golfers whose tee times begin at or after 10am. To reserve your tee times, please call the course at 509.966.5877
Social Hour for CLE Participants: Please join members of the Yakima County Bar Association for an information social gathering welcoming the seminar speakers and participants from around the state. The event will be held Thursday, April 18 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Bob’s Keg & Cork, located in the center of historic downtown Yakima at 27 N. Front St.