Option 1: Resolve a Dispute with Your Lawyer

Minor issues between clients and lawyers sometimes can be resolved informally without filing a grievance:

  • Re-establish communication with your lawyer
  • Request your client file
  • Request a billing statement

To ask for help from our Consumer Affairs staff, please complete the confidential Request for Assistance Form below.  You can submit the form electronically or print it and mail it to us. To submit the form electronically, use Adobe Reader. If you encounter a problem, please send the form to us as an email attachment to caa@wsba.org. We will follow up with you by phone.

Option 2: File a Complaint Against a Lawyer

Please see the Lawyer Directory for a listing of licensed lawyers in Washington.

Step One: Read the answers to our frequently asked questions for general information about the grievance process.

Step Two: Read Lawyer Discipline in Washington, or Disciplina Para Abogados en Washington before you file your grievance.

Step Three: Prepare your grievance form and file it. You can use our electronic grievance form; or print a grievance form and mail it to us. Read more if you have questions about filing an electronic grievance form.

Please leave a message with our Consumer Affairs staff at 206-727-8207 if you have any questions.  We generally return calls within 24 hours.

Rules for Enforcement of Lawyer Conduct

Procedures for the lawyer discipline system

Rules of Professional Conduct

Standards of ethical conduct for lawyers

Presentar una queja contra un abogado

Los pasos y el formulario para presentar una queja

Office of Disciplinary Counsel

WSBA's investigation and prosecution function

Responding to a Grievance

FAQs about a lawyer's response