Judicial Recommendation Committee
The WSBA Judicial Recommendation Committee screens and interviews candidates for state Court of Appeals and Supreme Court positions. Recommendations are reviewed by the WSBA Board of Governors and referred to the governor for consideration when making judicial appointments.
- Uniform Judicial Evaluation Questionnaire
- JRC Supplement to Uniform Questionnaire
- Instructions for Questionnaires
- Judicial Recommendation Committee Guidelines
- Qualifications for appointment to the Washington State Court of Appeals
Please note that the WSBA does not forward Uniform Judicial Evaluation Questionnaires to the Governor's Office; should there be a vacancy candidates are interested in being considered for, candidates must apply directly with the Governor's Office.
Judicial candidates are encouraged to visit the governor's website to learn more about judicial appointments. Many county, minority, and specialty bar associations also evaluate judicial candidates.instructions above, including two printed copies.