Solo and Small Practice Section
We serve as a clearinghouse for qualified law practice management and technology information solo and small practice attorneys to support them in ethically conducting a profitable, satisfying business.
To access the Members-Only Area, login with user name SSP@wsba.org (not an active email address), type in the password you received with your section sign up/renewal, and then click continue. Resources in the members-only area include:
- CLE Chapters and Articles
- Management Tools, Tips, and Forms
- Online Resources
- The Blogroll
- On Dec. 12, 2017, listen to “Case Studies: Confidentiality & Attorney-Client Privilege v. The Cloud.” The registration page for this webinar can be accessed here. Solo & Small Practice Section members may may now register for this webinar for free.
Whom We Serve
Solo and small practice firms comprise more than 60% of practicing lawyers in Washington State. Small firm practitioners must handle their finances, marketing, business decisions and growth without the help of law firm administrators, comptrollers, marketing personnel and executive directors.
The Solo and Small Practice Section of the Washington State Bar Association offers the resources to help manage these firms to maximum efficiency and profitability.
Who serves you
The Section’s Executive Committee is made up of elected solo and small practice attorneys. They understand what you’re dealing with because they’re facing many of those same issues in their own practices. See the Executive Committee page for details of the current members.
In addition, the Executive Committee enjoys input from the liaison for the Association of Legal Administrators, as well as various consultants to the legal industry, providing added perspective on solutions to solo and small practice challenges.
WSBA Member Benefits
Did you know there are several important member benefits and tools that come with WSBA membership including professional liability insurance and Casemaker? Membership in the Section can put you in touch with resources that you can't find anywhere else. It's the next best thing to having your own law practice management consultant! When you join the Section, you will enjoy full access to:
- List serve discussions where you can post questions for Section members and receive help with your most challenging issues.
- Links on our Member-Only pages to hundreds of helpful resources.
- Practice tips to enhance your productivity, management and quality of life.
- Section-sponsored CLEs and roundtable discussions focused on solo and small practice issues.
- Networking opportunities with solo and small firm practitioners in your own area, as well as from around the state.
Please note the WSBA sponsored group medical insurance program has been cancelled. Group plans can be found through a broker and individual plans can be found through a broker or on the Exchange. For more information about WSBA benefits, please contact LOMAP.
"You all have been a great resource for me, and I'd like to say THANK YOU. I am eternally grateful for any nuggets of direction and advice... You all take the time to write out beautiful explanations that I read word for word and cherish. Your time is valuable and I appreciate it."
– Venu N. Sareen, Attorney at Law
From list serve post, May 7, 2015
Immediate Past Chair
Kristina Larry (2015-2018)
Shana Pavithran (2015-2018)
Karin Quirk (2015-2018)
Nikhil Bavariya (2016-2018)
Vitaliy Kertchen (2016-2018)
Shashi Vijay (2016-2018)
Young Lawyer Liaison
Please contact subcommittee member for details on their upcoming meeting dates and locations.
For general questions, or to switch your list serve settings to a daily digest, please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. To get involved and learn more about the Solo and Small Practice Section, please contact the Section Chair, Nancy Pacharzina.