2019 License Renewal
Steps, fees and deadlines for annual license renewal
Steps to Renew
To Renew, All Licensed Legal Professionals:
- Must pay license fee.
- May join or renew Sections.
Active Licensed Legal Professionals Must Also:
- Pay Client Protection Fund assessment (only Lawyers and LLLTs).
- File Trust Account Information.
- File Professional Liability Insurance or Financial Responsibility.
- Certify MCLE compliance in your reporting year.
Dec. 31, 2018: Active licensed legal professionals in the 2016-2018 reporting period must complete required MCLE credits.
Feb. 1, 2019: License renewal, payment and MCLE certification must be completed online, postmarked or delivered to WSBA.
Status: 2019 License Fee + Client Protection Fund assessment
Active Lawyer – Admitted to ANY bar prior to 2017: $453 + $30
Active Lawyer – Admitted to ANY bar in 2017 or 2018: $226.50 + $30
Active LLLT - Admitted prior to 2017: $200 + $30
Active LLLT - Admitted in 2017 or 2018: $100 + $30
Active LPO - Admitted prior to 2017: $200
Active LPO - Admitted in 2017 or 2018: $100
Inactive/Emeritus Pro Bono Lawyer: $200
Inactive LLLT or LPO: $100