Paula Littlewood | Executive Director
Paula Littlewood joined the WSBA staff as Deputy Director in September 2003 and became the Executive Director in May 2007. Paula is a graduate of the University of Washington School of Law and also received a master’s degree in International Studies from the UW. Prior to law school, she was a professional campaign coordinator and fundraiser here in the state, working both on statewide candidate and initiative campaigns as well as local legislative races. She also taught English in Taiwan for 2 years and spent another 10 months traveling in China and Southeast Asia. After law school, she served as Assistant Dean for Administration and Public Relations at the UW Law School for 5 years, then spent a year in Telluride, Colorado, before joining the WSBA.
In addition to her full-time position as Executive Director of the WSBA, she is a member of the Executive Committee of the University of Washington School of Law’s Leadership Council; serves as Treasurer of the International Institute of Law Association Chief Executives (IILACE) and on its Program Committee; she is also a member of the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System (IAALS) Board. She recently served on the American Bar Association’s Commission on the Future of Legal Services, co-chairing its Regulatory Opportunities Subcommittee, and was a member of the ABA’s Task Force on the Future of Legal Education.
Articles on the Future of the Legal Profession
BarNotes in NWLawyer
- Leaning In to the Future, NWLawyer, October 2013
- Legal Education: Facing a Wave of Change, NWLawyer, September 2013
- The Changing Legal Services Market, NWLawyer, April/May 2013
- Moving Forward: Taking a Fresh Look at Law and the Profession, NWLawyer, February 2013
- Let’s Seize the Moment, NWLawyer, December 2012/January 2013
- Optimism About the Future of the Law Profession, Law, Societies & Justice, October 2013
- Limited-practice license idea faces challenging path, California Bar Journal, May 2013
- A Call for Drastic Changes in Educating New Lawyers, The New York Times, February 10, 2013
Search NWLawyer online to read Littlewood's column, BarNotes.