Limited License Legal Technicians Must Complete:
- 30 approved MCLE credits in total every applicable three-year reporting period, including:
- At least 15 law and legal procedure credits
- At least 6 ethics credits
- You may carry over to the next reporting period up to 15 excess credits, including 2 ethics and professional responsibility credits.
- You cannot earn more than 8 credits in a day.
- Earn credits by Dec. 31 of the third year of your reporting period.
- Certify credits by Feb. 1 of the year following your reporting period.
Late Compliance Fees — New Provision
- Effective Oct. 1, 2018, late fees start at $150 and increase by $300 for every consecutive period of late compliance.
MCLE Resources for LLLTs
LLLTs can email or call an MCLE analyst for information regarding course accreditation, reporting credits, and other MCLE-related questions.
Note : Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the Bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, Bylaws and policies.