Limited License Legal Technician Requirements
- 30 approved MCLE credits in total every applicable three-year reporting period, including:
- At least 15 law and legal procedure credits
- At least 6 ethics credits
- You may carry over to the next reporting period up to 15 excess credits, including 2 ethics and professional responsibility credits.
- You cannot earn more than 8 credits in a day.
- Earn credits by Dec. 31 of the third year of your reporting period.
- Certify credits by Feb. 1 of the year following your reporting period.
Late Compliance Fees — New Provision
- Effective Oct. 1, 2018 a late fee will be assessed if you complete your credit requirements after Dec. 31, or if you certify after Feb. 1. The MCLE late fee starts at $150 and increases in increments of $300 for each consecutive late reporting period.
MCLE Resources for LLLTs
LLLTs can email or call an MCLE analyst for information regarding course accreditation, reporting credits, and other MCLE-related questions.
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-733-5987
- CLE Accreditation Application
Note : Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the Bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, Bylaws and policies.