Solos and Small Firms, Find Help Here
WSBA offers professional assistance and support to members in law firm business management. Our goal is to help you improve your business practices for a better client experience.
CHECK OUT THE LATEST CONTENT FROM THE PRACTICE MANAGEMENT TEAM
VIEW RESOURCES TAILORED TO YOU
RECEIVE PERSONALIZED ADVICE
Whether you are just starting out, looking to improve on an existing practice, or figuring out how to wind down your practice, a WSBA practice management advisor is available to help.
Topics we can consult on:
- Business development and marketing
- Client relationship management
- Adopting and using legal technology
- Process improvements and office management
- Considerations for starting a law firm
- Buying, selling, and closing a law firm
- Basic considerations for trust accounts and IOLTA
Topics we cannot consult on:
- Business entity formation (visit this page for resources from Washington state)
- Your professional responsibility or the Rules of Professional Conduct (contact the Ethics line for help)
- Practicing law and court procedure (view the WSBA's member support page for other resources)
- Advanced trust account and IOLTA issues (visit the IOLTA and Client Trust Accounts page)
VIEW ALL OF OUR PRACTICE MANAGEMENT GUIDES
We have a collection of resources and templates to help you manage your law firm's business. View and download all of our law firm guides: Document Retention, Disaster Planning & Recovery, Cybersecurity, and Hanging Your Own Shingle.
The Practice Management Program is a free service of the WSBA for licensed legal professionals in Washington. Practice management services are confidential under Admission and Practice Rule 19(d).