If you have concerns about the ethical conduct of a lawyer, you can file a complaint, which we will review.  If you have a minor dispute with your lawyer, you can ask us for help instead of filing a complaint. If you have additional questions about the grievance process, see our Grievance FAQ or contact Consumer Affairs at 206-727-8207 or caa@wsba.org. We generally return calls within 24 hours. We cannot give legal advice.

Resolve a Dispute with Your Lawyer Instead of Filing a Complaint

To ask for our help to re-establish communication, request your client file, or request a billing statement, use the resource below.

Download the Request for Assistance Form

File a Complaint Against a Lawyer

To file a complaint against a lawyer, review the materials below and either complete the E-Grievance Form online or print and mail the PDF Grievance Form to our office.

Resource Links:
Lawyer Discipline in Washington (Disciplina Para Abogados en Washington)
Grievance FAQ
E-Grievance Form
E-Grievance Tips
PDF Grievance Form
Public Discipline Records
Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection

Additional License Types:

Limited Practice Officer
Limited License Legal Technician

Search Legal Directory

Contact information and public discipline history

Professional Discipline

Find information about the discipline system

Presentar una queja

Los pasos y el forumulario para presentar una queja