Many sections want to offer free or low-cost CLE credits as a benefit to its members. Understanding this need, WSBA developed the Mini-CLE Program. This program consists of events that offer no more than 2 CLE credits, and tuition is limited to $35, (but is usually free to section members). WSBA CLE does not charge an administrative fee for the services it provides to sections to support a Mini-CLE, and any revenue a Mini-CLE generates goes directly to the section.
The Mini-CLE program is designed to support section member benefit programming, and not as a substitute for half-day or full-day CLE programs. If a section wishes to do such programs, please contact a WSBA Section Liaison, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to connect you to the appropriate CLE staff member.
Mini-CLE Event Form
Review Steps and Timelines for Mini-CLE Programs
What does the section do?
• Designs a short educational program (no more than 2 credit hours)
• Recruits the speaker(s)
• Secures event space (please note, Sections may NOT enter into contracts for event space without prior WSBA CLE approval). The event needs to follow the policy guidelines for any WSBA event (e.g. ADA accessibility).
• Collects coursebook material, makes copies, and distributes to program attendees.
• Assigns a section representative to act as liaison with the WSBA, and to submit a completed Mini-CLE Event Form at least 6-8 weeks prior to the event.
• Assumes responsibility for all event-related expenses.
• Follows all procedures and timelines
What does WSBA staff do?
• Reviews the submitted Mini-CLE Event Form for completeness.
• Reviews the proposed agenda for credit-worthiness.
• Works with the section representative to finalize the form, if additional information is needed.
• Prepares and submits the Form-1 to request MCLE credit approval.
• Sets up and processes electronic registrations.
• Posts information about the program on the section's website (if requested by the section).
• Sends a broadcast email promoting the program (if requested by the section).
• Prepares sign-in sheets and sends them to the section representative via email the day before the event.
• After the event, report credits to MCLE (section representative must submit the completed sign-in sheets and any walk-in registrations within three (3) after the event). Note: MCLE charges a fee for this service.
• Processes any expense reimbursement claims submitted by the section representative (the section is charged for any such expenses).
CLE Sample Evaluation Form
WSBA Program Development Timeline
WSBA Program Chair Best Practices
WA MCLE Credits - Faculty
© 2015 Washington State Bar Association, all rights reserved.