Find Legal Help

A man and a woman provide legal support to a senior woman

Please note WSBA does not provide legal advice or referrals to private attorneys. Below are resources for you to connect with and find an attorney that is right for your situation.

Free Legal Help

Washington Web Lawyer is a website where low-income clients with civil legal problems in Washington state post their legal questions online and receive advice from pro bono attorneys. Visit them online at

211 Legal Referral and Information Hotline provides information for people facing civil (non-criminal) legal matters. For matters in King County, dial 211. The 211 line is open 8 a.m.–6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visit their website at to find the center nearest you. 

Outside King County please call CLEAR toll-free at 888-201-1014. The line is open weekdays 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Visit and Northwest Justice Project YouTube channel for more information. 

Reduced-Fee Legal Help

Moderate Means Program: Fill out an online application to see if you qualify for reduced fee services through WSBA's Moderate Means Program.   

Attorney Referrals

Some county bar associations in Washington offer lawyer referral programs. Contact your local county bar to find out what they offer. 

Additional Free Legal Resources

For access to free online forms and overview materials please visit

A video entitled "Your Day in Court: How to Make Sure Your Voice Is Heard in King County," along with a companion handbook, is now available. Even if you do not live in King County, the video provides information about how to get your case ready for trial and courtroom procedures. The handbook includes a list of legal resources and a glossary of terms, among other valuable information.

Moderate Means Program

Legal help at a reduced fee for Washington's moderate income families.


Washington’s toll-free, centralized intake, advice and referral service for low-income people seeking free legal assistance with civil legal problems

Washington Law Help

Online information about your legal rights and self-help legal packets including court forms.