Important COVID-19 Court and WSBA Updates:
- Washington Supreme Court Order No. 25700-B-609
- WSBA Disciplinary Board Chair and Chief Hearing Officer Administrative Order
What We Do
Hearing Officers must:
- Be active WSBA members
- Have been an active WSBA member for seven years
- Have no public discipline
- Have adjudicator or contested adjudicative hearing experience
Appointment to List
The Supreme Court appoints hearing officers to the list based on recommendations from the WSBA Board of Governors in consultation with the Disciplinary Selection Panel. The initial appointment is two years. Hearing officers may be reappointed for periods of four years. We currently have 33 hearing officers.
Assignment to Specific Cases
The Chief Hearing Officer assigns hearing officers from the list to specific cases.
Send email to WSBA Liaison Lisa Amatangel.