Updated: Nov. 9, 2023

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about responding to a grievance?

Read Responding to a Grievance and The Letter from the WSBA Marked Confidential.

Concerned about another lawyer’s conduct?

If you are complaining about another lawyer, see Lawyer Discipline in Washington and Grievance FAQ. You also may call 206-727-8207 to speak to disciplinary counsel. Disciplinary counsel can discuss the Washington Supreme Court's Rules of Professional Conduct but cannot give an opinion on whether the conduct violates the rules. You are not required to disclose the name of the lawyer who is the subject of your call.

Concerned about your future conduct?

Speak with professional responsibility counsel about ethics issues.

Questions about your trust account?

For trust account questions, our booklet Managing Client Trust Accounts booklet may be helpful.

Need to request a Discipline History Certificate?

A Discipline History Certificate certifies a summary of confidential grievances and/or discipline imposed. See Status and Discipline History Certificates for more information.

Resource Links

Certification of Current Status or Certification of Status History
Certificate of Good Standing from the Washington Supreme Court
Status Changes
Professional Discipline