The Board of Governors is the governing body of the WSBA that determines the general policies of the Bar and approves its budget each year. The board moves the Bar forward with an eye toward its long-standing mission, guiding principles, and short-term strategic goals. The board consists of the President, President-elect, Immediate Past President, and members elected from each congressional district and at-large.
Your Congressional District is listed on myWSBA (log in required). You can also enter your home address (or if you live out of state, your agent of service address) on this congressional district map. Choose "Congressional," select "Find My District," and then the map next to the symbol marking your address.
UPDATE: per Washington Supreme Court directive, all Board action on proposed bylaw amendments is deferred until further Court notice.
Special Board Meeting
Special Meeting NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Washington State Bar Association Board of Governors, pursuant to RCW 42.30.080, that a special meeting of Board will be held on:
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019
Time: 2–3 p.m.
Location: Washington State Bar Association, Suite 600, 1325 Fourth Ave., Seattle WA 98101 in the St. Helen’s/Baker Conference Rooms
Some or all members of the Board may participate via conference call. A speaker phone will be available at the meeting location noted above for members of the public to attend and hear statements/discussion of those Board members participating by phone. In addition, call-in instructions are pasted below for members of the public who would like to attend telephonically.
The purpose of the Special Meeting is for the Board to discuss, deliberate, and take potential final action regarding the following agenda items.
- Confirm appointment of Interim Executive Director Terra Nevitt (approximately 2-2:10 p.m.)
- Executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(i) to discuss with legal counsel pending litigation to which the WSBA is a party, with potential action to follow (approximately 2:10-2:45 p.m. or as soon as possible after conclusion of Item 1)
- Resume public session; take any action related to executive session, if needed; and adjourn (approximately 2:45–3 p.m.)
No final disposition regarding any matter will occur at the special meeting except as indicated on this notice.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-727-8280.
Instructions for public call in: 866-577-9294, access code 52810#
Special Board Meeting
Monday, April 22 at the WSBA Conference Center
Public Session: 1–5 p.m.
Call in: 877-331-7677. You will be greeted by an operator and placed into the conference call.
Purpose: Receive comments regarding the Mandatory Malpractice Insurance Task Force recommendations.
This meeting will be webcast and recorded.
Next Regular Board Meeting
May 16–17 at Hilton Garden Inn, Yakima
Call in: 866-577-9294, access code 52810#
Meeting materials are posted by Friday afternoon prior to the Board meeting. Late materials, if any, are posted the day prior to the Board meeting.
Agenda | Minutes | Action Items | Public Session Materials
Previous Board Meetings
April 8 via teleconference
Executive Session: 4–4:45 p.m.
- Appointment of sub-group of governors as contact and representative of WSBA on Beauregard litigation. Executive Session (Discussion of Litigation Strategy) followed by Public Session if needed. (Action)
- Discuss and Consider Approval of Statement Explaining Executive Session Process used in January 2019 for Personnel Decision on ED. Executive Session (Discussion of Litigation Strategy) followed by Public Session if needed. (Action)
Public Session (if needed): 4:45–5:30 p.m. - no public session was needed