In light of Gov. Inslee’s "Stay Home-Stay Healthy" issued March 23, our staff will be working remotely. In order to facilitate timely processing of questions and documents, we ask that you please submit all queries and documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be some delay in processing all paper documentation. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Thank you for your patience.
MCLE Rules for Sponsors
MCLE Requirements for Lawyers, Limited License Legal Technicians, and Limited Practice Officers are in Washington Supreme Court Admission and Practice Rule (APR) 11.
All sponsors must abide by the requirements and standards set forth in Washington Supreme Court Admission and Practice Rule (APR) 11
Applying for MCLE Credit for a Course
Use the MCLE Online System to apply for MCLE credit for a course.
- Review APR 11 sections (e) through (h) and (j).
- Register as a sponsor if you have not applied before.
- Submit a $100 application fee for each course.
- Note: Government agencies and Nonprofit organizations are not required to pay the application fee when a course is offered for free. Contact us for more information.
- Applications are due 15 days prior to the start date of the course to avoid a $50 late fee (applies to all sponsors).
- All courses must be at least 30 minutes in duration.
- Credit categories are:
- Law & Legal - Law and legal procedure as defined in APR 11(f)(1).
- Ethics - Ethics and professional responsibility as defined in APR 11(f)(2).
- Other - This is for all categories in APR 11(f)(3) through (f)(7).
- Sponsors must provide each participant with an evaluation form to complete.
For each approved live program, all sponsors must submit attendance no later than 30 days after the conclusion of the course. There is a $50 late fee if attendance is reported more than 30 days after the course. All licensed legal professionals are responsible for reporting their own completion of recorded courses.
- To report a Lawyer's attendance for a CLE, sponsors must submit attendance through the online MCLE Online System
- To report an LPO or LLLT's attendance for a CLE, sponsors must submit attendance by emailing the MCLE Team.
Duplicating an Approved Course and Creating a Recorded Course from an Approved Live Course
All sponsors may duplicate and receive automatic approval for another occurrence of an approved course if it is to be presented no later than 12 months from the original presentation date. Sponsors may also duplicate approved live courses to create recorded versions. The duplicate must be submitted at least one day before the presentation, if live, and the content and faculty must be identical to the original course. Duplicate activities do not have an application fee.
- For sponsors of courses for lawyers: Create a duplicate course on the MCLE system, for each subsequent presentation.
- For sponsors of courses for LPOs and LLLTs: Email the MCLE Team the original activity ID to be duplicated.
MCLE Help for Sponsors
If you have any questions please contact an MCLE analyst at 206-733-5987 or email@example.com.
Note : Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the Bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, Bylaws and policies.