MCLE Requirements for Licensed Legal Professionals
Lawyers, on active or judicial-ALJ status, APR 8(f) house counsel, active LPOs, and active LLLTs must complete:
- 45 MCLE credits overall (30 for LPOs & LLLTs) each three-year reporting period, including:
- 15 law and legal procedure credits
- 6 ethics credits, with at least one "equity" credit (starting with 2023-2025 reporting period)
- You may carry over to the next reporting period up to 15 excess credits, two of which may be ethics credits.
- You cannot earn more than eight credits in a day. Additional information about carryover.
- MCLE Credit Categories and Approved Course Subjects.
- Additional Information about Equity credit
- Information about the 2022-2023 reporting period
- Earn credits by Dec. 31 of the third year of your reporting period.
- Certify credits by Feb. 1 of the year following your reporting period.
- A late fee will be assessed if you complete your credit requirements after Dec. 31, or if you certify after Feb. 1. The MCLE late fee starts at $150 and increases in increments of $300 for each consecutive late reporting period.
Using the MCLE Online System
Login to the MCLE Online System account using the same credentials as myWSBA to determine your reporting period, view your earned credits and add credits to your transcript:
Detailed Instructions for the MCLE Site:
- Add Realtime or Recorded Course Credit
- Add Course Prep Credit
- Add Law School Teaching Credit
- Add Legal Writing Credit
- Add Pro Bono Service Credit
- Add Law Clerk Tutoring Credit
- Certification Instructions
- Instructions for Submitting a Supplemental Certification to Claim Carryover Credit
- Certify by Comity from Oregon, Idaho, or Utah
- Request a Washington Comity Certificate
Note : Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the Bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, Bylaws and policies.