The Board of Governors Legislative Committee is comprised of 11 members who meet weekly just before and throughout the legislative session. The Committee's primary purpose is to consider legislation of interest to the WSBA and provide guidance as needed to the Bar's Outreach and Legislative Affairs staff, who typically present legislation for review to the Committee. The Committee is authorized, after consideration of GR 12 and subject to the procedural requirements of the WSBA Bylaws, to take a position on legislation on behalf of the WSBA.
2018-2019 Board of Governors Legislative Committee Members
- Kyle Sciuchetti, Committee Chair
- Brian Tollefson, Committee Vice-Chair
- Bill Pickett, Board of Governors President
- Rajeev Majumdar, Board of Governors President-Elect
- Dan Bridges, Governor, District 9, Treasurer
- Carla Higginson, Governor, District 2
- Dan Clark, Governor, District 4
- Jean Kang, Governor, District 7 South
- Kim Hunter, Governor, District 8
- Chris Meserve, Governor, District 10
- Paula Littlewood, WSBA Executive Director
The Board of Governors Legislative Committee meets weekly during each legislative session and other times throughout the year via conference call. Meeting minutes will be be uploaded below as meetings occur through the duration of the legislative session.