Health Law Section
WSBA's Health Law Section facilitates learning and relationship development to support the practice of health law attorneys. The section is a valuable and trusted resource for:
- Providing regular educational opportunities, including CLE seminars and notices of important developments in health law
- Contributing to valuable relationships among health law practitioners and opportunities to develop health law practices
- Providing general information relating to healthcare law.
In accordance with the section's bylaws, and with the exception of law students, an individual must be an active member of the Bar.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
Apply to Serve on the Section Executive Committee
The nomination period is March 2–31, 2020.
Review the Volunteer Position Description, which provides a general overview of section executive committee officer positions and may differ for some sections. For more information about the Section and its Executive Committee roles, please review the Section’s bylaws. Voting will begin in May 2020.
The following positions are open for applications. All terms begin Oct. 1, 2020.
- 2nd Vice Chair: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021.
- Secretary: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021.
- Treasurer: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021.
- At-Large Member (three positions open): one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021.
Apply online through your myWSBA profile. The Section has requested that each applicant submit a statement of interest to be included with your application. These documents can be uploaded with your online application (PDF format only).
Feel free to contact any member of the current Section Executive Committee or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn how the new law on noncompetition covenants impacts physicians and other health care workers. This webinar explores whether attorneys need to modify existing restrictive covenants and how to draft new covenants.
This recording is not eligible for CLE credit.
One-year terms, Oct. 1, 2019–Sept. 30, 2020.
Chair: Morgan Walt
1st Vice Chair: Seth Rosenberg
2nd Vice Chair: Gerald Tarutis
Secretary: Michael L. Farrell
Section Outreach Committee
Professional Licensing Committee
The Executive Committee of the Health Law Section holds monthly meetings. Except as otherwise noted, the meetings take place by telephone conference on the fourth Friday of each month, noon-1 p.m. You may join these meetings by dialing 712-770-8065, and using the passcode 367422.
Please contact committee members for any other details on their upcoming meetings.
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general section questions, please send your email address and Bar number to email@example.com. To post on the section's list serve, review our list serve instructions. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact the section directly.