Health Law Section
WSBA's Health Law Section facilitates learning and relationship development to support the practice of health law attorneys. The section is a valuable and trusted resource for:
- Providing regular educational opportunities, including CLE seminars and notices of important developments in health law
- Contributing to valuable relationships among health law practitioners and opportunities to develop health law practices
- Providing general information relating to healthcare law.
In accordance with the section's bylaws, and with the exception of law students, an individual must be an active member of the Bar.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
2021 Section Executive Committee Elections
Voting has closed.
The results will be posted once the executive committee has had an opportunity to notify the candidates.
Candidate Information, Open Positions & Terms
For more information about the Section and its Executive Committee roles, please review the Section's bylaws. Candidates for open positions are listed below.
- Chair: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022.
Candidate: Lori Oliver
- First Vice Chair: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022.
Candidate: Maddie Haller
- Second Vice Chair: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022.
Candidate: William Waller
- Secretary: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022.
Candidate: Appalenia Udell
- Treasurer: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022.
Candidate: Seth Rosenberg
- At-Large Member (three positions open): one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022.
Candidate: Ronak Chokhani
Candidate: Elizabeth Waiguchu Jackson
Candidate: Jeffrey Thomas
Watch It Now!
In this webinar, Ethics of Internal Investigations, presented on April 22, 2021, and developed in partnership with the Health Law Section, you will learn about the ethical issues that can arise when conducting an internal investigation, including: representing entities v. individuals (RPC 1.13 and RPC 1.7); issues that may arise with whistleblowers; witness interviews (RPC 4.4 and RPC 4.3); and interacting with the government (RPC 1.6).
This recording is unaccredited and will be available for viewing up to one year after the original airdate.
One-year terms, Oct. 1, 2020–Sept. 30, 2021.
Chair: Michael L. Farrell
1st Vice Chair: Seth Rosenberg
2nd Vice Chair: Gerald Tarutis
Secretary: Brian Duke
Treasurer: Appalenia Udell
Immediate Past Chair: Morgan Walt
Young Lawyer Liaison*: vacant
BOG Liaison*: Jean Kang
Scholarships and Grants Committee
Professional Licensing Committee
The executive committee of the Health Law Section holds monthly meetings. Except as otherwise noted, the meetings take place by video conference on the first Friday of each month, noon-1 p.m. See event calendar for access information.
Please contact committee members for any other details on their upcoming meetings.
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general section questions, please send your email address and Bar number to email@example.com. To post on the section's list serve, review our list serve instructions. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact the section directly.