WSBA COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Information
On March 11, 2022, the WSBA Board of Governors approved an amendment to the COVID-19 Volunteer Vaccination Policy to include a requirement to add a booster dose to the vaccination requirement. The policy prohibits "...any volunteer, including the Board of Governors, from engaging in in-person volunteer work for the WSBA or as a representative of WSBA if the volunteer has not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A volunteer must either be fully vaccinated, which includes a booster dose, against COVID-19 or qualify for an exemption to be eligible to volunteer in person or on site."
If you have already submitted your vaccination status to the WSBA, you will need to now submit verification of an additional booster dose to the WSBA. See below for instructions.
Updated! COVID-19 Volunteer Vaccination Policy (March 2022)
Please review the below requirements for in-person guest attendance to meetings and events. If an attendee cannot meet these requirements, they will be unable to attend the event in person.
Updated! WSBA COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Guests (April 2022)
Instructions for WSBA Volunteers
These instructions are subject to change. The current process is as follows:
- Notify Your Staff Liaison: If your volunteer group is planning an in-person meeting or event (at WSBA offices or off-site) or if you intend to participate in-person, please notify your staff liaison immediately. Staff liaisons will work with you to ensure that all volunteers who intend to appear in-person know how to submit their proof of vaccination.
- Submit Your Proof of Vaccination: Using the form on this page, please upload your proof of vaccination (see FAQs for a list of valid documentation). You may submit a pdf, scanned copy or a photo copy of the card. Please provide your first and last name, bar number (if applicable) and your email address.
- Submit Your Request for Exemption: An exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination mandate policy may be approved for medical reasons, religious or strongly held beliefs. If seeking an exemption, please complete one of the following forms
and submit using the form on this web page.
Medical Exemption Request Form
Religious Exemption Request Form - Vaccine Mandate
- Notification of Verification: Once your proof of vaccination has been verified, you will receive an email confirmation. Please do not attend a meeting or event in-person until you receive this email.
- If you have questions about the status of your submission, please email email@example.com.
- View information, tools and resources regarding the pandemic curated for WSBA members.
- For information about the COVID-19 Vaccines, please visit the Washington State Department of Health Website.
- If you have feedback regarding this policy, please email Boardfeedback@wsba.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered 'fully vaccinated'?
- You are considered "fully vaccinated" for COVID-19 two weeks after you get your second shot if you had two doses (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or one dose (Johnson & Johnson J&J/Jansen). (Source)
- WSBA policy requires a volunteer to submit proof of full vaccination and a booster dose.
What is recognized of valid proof of vaccination?
- Most people will have a CDC-issued vaccination card, or Vaccination Record Card. Most of these cards featured handwritten notations by a medical professional.
- Date of both doses, two weeks apart, should be visible on the card. Or one-dose if the J&J vaccine.
- Date of booster dose should be visible on the card.
- You may also present a Washington State Certification of COVID-19 Vaccination, Washington State Immunization System Printout, Lifetime Vaccination Booklet or a medical record printout from a medical provider.
Are staff required to be vaccinated?
- Yes, the WSBA Executive Director has implemented a similar policy for WSBA staff. The process by which staff vaccination records are obtained may be different then the process outlined for WSBA volunteers (see instructions below).
Can I submit a negative COVID-19 test instead?
- At this time, a COVID-19 test with a negative result may not be substituted for proof of vaccination or an exemption.
What will you do with my proof of vaccination once submitted?
- Proof of vaccination will be submitted and held confidentially using the download form. Access to these records is limited to two staff personnel (one primary, one back up). Once the vaccination record is verified, your name will be added to a list of Vaccination Verified WSBA Volunteers. Then the image/record you originally submitted will be deleted.
- At this time, you only have to submit proof of vaccination once, not per event or meeting.
- If your proof of vaccination cannot be verified, a WSBA staff member will contact you directly.
I do not wish to disclose my vaccination status to the WSBA. Now what?
- The WSBA respects your personal medical choices. If you prefer not to submit proof of vaccination and do not qualify for an exemption, please attend the meeting or event virtually and not in-person.