Practice of Law Board
- Educate the public about how to receive competent legal assistance.
- Consider and recommend to the Supreme Court new avenues for persons not currently authorized to practice law to provide legal and law-related services that might otherwise constitute the practice of law as defined in GR 24;
- The Board may receive complaints alleging the unauthorized practice of law in Washington by any person or entity. The Board will review and may refer complaints that allege harm to the public interest to appropriate enforcement agencies.
The Washington Supreme Court directed the Practice of Law Board to meet with interested people to discuss the future of the Practice of Law Board and report to the Court. If you are interested in more information, please contact the board.
The Practice of Law Board met with the Washington State Supreme Court on Thursday, Feb. 4. A video of the meeting is archived on TVW.
The Practice of Law Board is scheduled to meet virtually from 11-1 p.m. on April 8, 2021. Agenda and meeting materials will be posted on this page. Meetings are open to the public.
Resources for Legal Assistance
Mortgage Modifications for Washington Real Property
- Loan Mortgage Modification Interpretive Statement
- Washington Law Help
- Attorney General Office – Foreclosure & Mortgage Assistance
- Stop Notario Fraud
- Office of the Attorney General – Immigration Services
- Office of the Attorney General – Crack Down on Illegal Immigration Assistance
- Department of Justice – Recognition & Accreditation Program