LGBT Law Section
The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Law Section seeks to:
- Support understanding among WSBA members of the legal needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered residents of Washington
- Assist LGBT residents and those who represent them
- Better understand how their legal needs can be met
- Support research, education, and collaboration by section members on issues of sexual orientation and gender identification
- Promote the study of LGBT law and report on changing law and regulations as they affect LGBT people and communities
- Assist in legislative work undertaken within the scope of GR 12
- Act as a liaison between the WSBA, its Board of Governors, LGBT organizations, and the public.
See the LGBT Law Section Resources.
Section Executive Committee Elections
Voting closed on May 31 at 5 p.m. in the LGBT Law Section Executive Committee elections. The election results are now being communicated to Section leadership, and the results will be posted by mid-June. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Co-Chairs: Dana O'Day-Senior & Betsy Crumb
Immediate Past Chair: Scott Douglas
Treasurer: Rachel da Silva
Secretary: Danielle Modeen
Young Lawyer Liaison: Kelsey Kittleson*
BOG Liaison: Athan Papailiou*
* Non-voting member
Please contact subcommittee member for details on their upcoming meeting dates and locations.
To join the section list serve and for general questions, please send your email address and Bar number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact the current section co-chairs, Dana O'Day-Senior & Betsy Crumb.