LGBTQ+ Law Section
The LGBTQ+ Law Section strives to:
- Support understanding among WSBA members of the legal needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender residents of Washington
- Assist LGBTQ+ residents and those who represent them
- Better understand how their legal needs can be met
- Support research, education, and collaboration by section members on issues of sexual orientation and gender identification
- Promote the study of LGBTQ+ law and report on changing law and regulations as they affect LGBTQ+ people and communities
- Assist in legislative work undertaken within the scope of GR 12
- Act as a liaison between the WSBA, its Board of Governors, LGBTQ+ organizations, and the public
The LGBTQ+ Law Section offers many resources and benefits for members. On this page you will find information about the section, their upcoming events and offerings, as well as information about the section's executive committee.
Check here for the latest LGBTQ+ Law Section events and offerings.
Chair: Sean Dong (2023-2024)
Chair-Elect: Vacant (2023-2024)
Immediate Past Chair: Nic Doherty (2023-2024)
Secretary: Vacant (2023-2024)
Treasurer: Jonathan McCoy (2022-2023)
Young Lawyer Liaison*: Vacant
Board of Governors Liaison*: TBD
The WSBA LGBTQ+ Law Section Executive Committee generally conducts meetings via Zoom 4-5 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
Join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 949 8944 4672
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general questions, please send your email address and Bar number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact Section Chair Sean Dong.