LGBT Law Section
The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Law Section strives to:
- Support understanding among WSBA members of the legal needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender residents of Washington
- Assist LGBT residents and those who represent them
- Better understand how their legal needs can be met
- Support research, education, and collaboration by section members on issues of sexual orientation and gender identification
- Promote the study of LGBT law and report on changing law and regulations as they affect LGBT people and communities
- Assist in legislative work undertaken within the scope of GR 12
- Act as a liaison between the WSBA, its Board of Governors, LGBT organizations, and the public
Congratulations, Incoming Executive Committee Members!
Below are the results of the LGBT Law Section Executive Committee election. Thank you for voting!
For more information about the Section and its Executive Committee roles, please review the Section's bylaws. Winners are listed alphabetically by position.
Chair-elect: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022
Secretary: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022
Treasurer: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2022
At-Large Member (two positions open): two-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2021, and ending Sept. 30, 2023
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chairs: Kelsey Kittleson
Chair-Elect: Peder Punsalan-Teigen
Immediate Past Chair: Dennis Cronin
Treasurer: Kenneth Wells
Secretary: Sam Gouveia
Young Lawyer Liaison*: Jesse Taylor (2020-2022)
Board of Governors Liaison*:
The WSBA LGBT Law Section Executive Committee generally conducts meetings 4$ndash;5 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. You may attend by phone by calling 866-577-9294 and using the passcode 5016523#. Please contact committee member for specific details on their upcoming meeting dates and locations.
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general questions, please send your email address and Bar number to email@example.com. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact Section Chair Kelsey Kittleson.