LGBT Law Section
The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Law Section Strives to:
- Support understanding among WSBA members of the legal needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender residents of Washington
- Assist LGBT residents and those who represent them
- Better understand how their legal needs can be met
- Support research, education, and collaboration by section members on issues of sexual orientation and gender identification
- Promote the study of LGBT law and report on changing law and regulations as they affect LGBT people and communities
- Assist in legislative work undertaken within the scope of GR 12
- Act as a liaison between the WSBA, its Board of Governors, LGBT organizations, and the public
Executive Committee Elections Begin in May
For information about the Section and its Executive Committee roles, please review the Section’s bylaws. The positions that are open for the upcoming election are as follows:
- Chair-elect: one-year position, beginning Oct. 1, 2019 and ending Sept. 30, 2020.
- Treasurer: one-year position, beginning Oct. 1, 2019 and ending Sept. 30, 2020.
- Secretary: one-year position, beginning Oct. 1, 2019 and ending Sept. 30, 2020.
- At-Large Member (two open positions): two-year position, beginning Oct. 1, 2019 and ending Sept. 30, 2021.
Alternative Nomination Process
The Nominating Committee will also make nominations to fill any vacancies or positions for which no one has applied. If a majority of the Nominating Committee approves an applicant or makes a nomination, that candidate will be placed on the ballot.
Elections will be conducted via SurveyMonkey. To ensure you receive a ballot, please click here and/or adjust your spam filters/firewalls to ensure your email address will receive the ballot.
Feel free to contact any member of the current Section Executive Committee or email email@example.com.
Chair-Elect: Dennis Cronin
Immediate Past Chair: Scott Douglas
Treasurer: Rachel da Silva
Secretary: H. Corinne Smith
* Non-voting member
The WSBA LGBT Law Section Executive Committee generally conducts meetings 4-5 p.m on the third Tuesday of each month. You may attend by phone by calling 866-577-9294 and using the passcode 5016523#. Please contact committee member for specific details on their upcoming meeting dates and locations.
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general questions, please send your email address and Bar number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact the current section co-chairs Dana O'Day-Senior & Betsy Crumb.