LGBT Law Section
The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Law Section strives to:
- Support understanding among WSBA members of the legal needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender residents of Washington
- Assist LGBT residents and those who represent them
- Better understand how their legal needs can be met
- Support research, education, and collaboration by section members on issues of sexual orientation and gender identification
- Promote the study of LGBT law and report on changing law and regulations as they affect LGBT people and communities
- Assist in legislative work undertaken within the scope of GR 12
- Act as a liaison between the WSBA, its Board of Governors, LGBT organizations, and the public
Apply to Serve on the Section Executive Committee
The nomination period is March 2–April 7, 2020.
For more information about the Section and its Executive Committee roles, please review the Section’s bylaws. Voting will begin in May 2020.
The following positions are open for applications. All terms begin Oct. 1, 2020.
- Chair-elect: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021
- Secretary: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021
- Treasurer: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021
- At-Large Member (three positions open): two-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2022
Apply online through your myWSBA profile. The Section has requested that each applicant submit a resume and statement of interest to be included with your application. These documents can be uploaded with your online application (PDF format only).
Feel free to contact any member of the current Section Executive Committee or email email@example.com.
Co-Chairs: Dennis Cronin
Chair-Elect: Kelsey Kittleson
Treasurer: Rachel da Silva
Secretary: H. Corinne Smith
Young Lawyer Liaison: Jesse Taylor* (2018-2020)
Board of Governors Liaison: Sunitha Anjilvel*
The WSBA LGBT Law Section Executive Committee generally conducts meetings 4-5 p.m on the third Tuesday of each month. You may attend by phone by calling 866-577-9294 and using the passcode 5016523#. Please contact committee member for specific details on their upcoming meeting dates and locations.
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general questions, please send your email address and Bar number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact Section Chair Dennis Cronin.