LGBT Law Section
The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Law Section strives to:
- Support understanding among WSBA members of the legal needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender residents of Washington
- Assist LGBT residents and those who represent them
- Better understand how their legal needs can be met
- Support research, education, and collaboration by section members on issues of sexual orientation and gender identification
- Promote the study of LGBT law and report on changing law and regulations as they affect LGBT people and communities
- Assist in legislative work undertaken within the scope of GR 12
- Act as a liaison between the WSBA, its Board of Governors, LGBT organizations, and the public
Section Executive Committee Elections
The Section is conducting elections for open positions on the executive committee.
Voting is scheduled for June 6–19, 2022.
Candidate information, Open Positions, and Terms
For more information about the Section and its executive committee, please review the Section's bylaws. Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by position.
Chair-elect: remainder of current term ending Sept. 30, 2022.
Treasurer: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2022, and ending Sept. 30, 2023.
At-Large Member (three positions open): two-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2022, and ending Sept. 30, 2024.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Peder Punsalan-Teigen (2021-2022)
Chair-Elect: Nic Doherty
Immediate Past Chair: Kelsey Kittleson (2021-2022)
Treasurer: Jonathan McCoy (2021-2022)
Secretary: Sam Gouveia (2021-2022)
Young Lawyer Liaison*: Jesse Taylor (2020-2022)
Board of Governors Liaison*: Brent Williams-Ruth (2021-2022)
Mike Ryan (2021-2023)
Catherine Hardison (2020-2022)
Sierra Ogasawara (2020-2022)
Megan Dawson (2020-2022)
The WSBA LGBT Law Section Executive Committee generally conducts meetings via Zoom from 4-5 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
Zoom meeting link
Meeting ID: 949 8944 4672
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general questions, please send your email address and Bar number to email@example.com. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact Section Chair Peder Punsalan-Teigen.