Practice of Law Board
- Educate the public about how to receive competent legal assistance.
- Promote expanded access to affordable and law-related services.
- Expand public confidence in the administration of justice.
- Consider new avenues for people who are not lawyers to provide legal and law-related legal services.
- Issue advisory opinions.
- Receive complaints alleging the unauthorized practice of law and refer them to appropriate authorities.
- Gather Input about the Future of the Practice of Law Board.
The Washington Supreme Court directed the Practice of Law Board to meet with interested people to discuss the future of the Practice of Law Board and report to the Court. If you are interested in more information, please contact the board.
Suggested Amendments to GR 24
On Nov. 28, 2018, the Court entered an order to publish the proposed amendments for comment, with comments to be submitted no later than April 30, 2019.
Submit comments to the Clerk of the Supreme Court by either mail P.O. Box 40929, Olympia, WA 98504-0929, or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2019. Comments submitted by email message must be limited to 1,500 words.
Suggested Amendments to GR 25 and GR 25 Regulations
On Nov. 28, 2018, the Court adopted the proposed amendments to GR 25, effective Dec. 18 - and the Regulations were rescinded on Dec. 18.
The Practice of Law Board is scheduled to meet on Feb. 21 at 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the WSBA Offices. Agenda and meeting materials will be posted on this page. Meetings are open to the public.
Resources for Legal Assistance
Mortgage Modifications for Washington Real Property
- Loan Mortgage Modification Interpretive Statement
- Washington Law Help
- Attorney General Office – Foreclosure & Mortgage Assistance
- American Bar Association – Notario Fraud
- American Bar Association – Consumer Education
- Stop Notario Fraud
- Office of the Attorney General – Immigration Services
- Office of the Attorney General – Crack Down on Illegal Immigration Assistance
- Department of Justice – Recognition & Accreditation Program