Pro Bono and Public Service Committee
The Pro Bono and Public Service Committee works to enhance a culture of legal service by promoting opportunities and best practices that encourage WSBA members to engage in pro bono and public service with a particular focus on services to people with low or moderate income.
For general information about how to find legal help in Washington state, please refer to Find Legal Help. The Pro Bono and Public Service Committee does not accept or refer cases for pro bono legal assistance.
ABA Survey Results
2017–2018 Committee Projects
- Promote the Emeritus Pro Bono membership status, the Moderate Means Program, Call to Duty Initiative and the MCLE pro bono credit rule.
- Complete changes to probonowa.org
- Research barriers for attorneys who wish to provide pro bono services and encounter difficulties
- Compile and create sample pro bono guidelines for firms, corporations, and government.
- Researched and submitted a proposal to the Board of Bar Examiners, resulting in adding a question regarding RPC 6.1 to the Washington Law Component of the Bar Exam
- Increased Moderate Means attorneys via CLEs, NWSidebar blog posts and NWLawyer article.
- Promoted Call to Duty Initiative through NWSidebar blog posts and NWLawyer articles
Washington has more than 70 organizations sharing opportunities for you to get involved and give back to your community. Pro Bono WA is a one-stop destination to find and connect with pro bono public service opportunities across the state. Visit probonowa.org for more information.
July 9, 2019 (WSBA offices and via conference call)
Aug. 6, 2019 (WSBA offices and via conference call)
Sept. 3, 2019 (WSBA offices and via conference call)
FY 2019 Past Committee Meetings
June 4, 2019 (at WSBA offices and via conference call)
May 7, 2019 (at WSBA offices and via conference call)
April 2, 2019 (at WSBA offices and via conference call)
March 5, 2019 (at WSBA offices and via conference call)
Feb. 5, 2019 ( via conference call)
Jan. 8, 2019 (at WSBA offices and via conference call)
WSBA Offices, 1325 Fourth Ave., Suite 600, Seattle, WA 98101
Past Meeting Minutes
Board of Governors
WSBA Staff Contact
Bonnie Lee Aslagson