Are you a paralegal with 10 years or more of experience?
How do I qualify for the waiver?
To qualify for the waiver, you must provide proof that you have each of the following:
- Passed the Certified Paralegal (CP) Exam conducted by the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) orthe Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam (PACE) conducted by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) or the Professional Paralegal (PP) Exam conducted by the Association for Legal Professionals (NALS)
- Have active certification as a Certified Paralegal with NALA or as a PACE Registered Paralegal with NFPA or as a Professional Paralegal with NALS
- A minimum of 10 years of substantive law-related experience supervised by a licensed lawyer within the 15 years preceding the waiver application
What requirements can be waived?
An approved limited time waiver will waive the following requirements:
- Associate's degree requirement
- LLLT Core Curriculum (45 credits of specified legal studies courses)
Applicants with a limited time waiver may enroll in the practice area curriculum if approved.
Waiver Application Forms
Please mail or deliver your completed waiver application and payment of $150 (made payable to the WSBA) to:
- LLLT Program
Washington State Bar Association
1325 Fourth Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101-2539
Final Deadline to Apply for a Waiver
Application for waiver due by Dec. 31, 2023
Expiration Date of Approved Waivers
Approved waivers will expire Dec. 31, 2025
Note : Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the Bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, Bylaws and policies.