Senior Lawyers Section
Anyone may join the Senior Lawyers Section, although to be a voting member, one must be an active or inactive member of the Washington State Bar Association who is age 55 or older or has been in practice in any jurisdiction for at least 25 years. As one of the few Association sections that does not focus on a particular area of the law, the Section provides information about navigating the practice of law, life transitions and developments in the law. The Section provides benefits to members by holding an annual meeting that includes CLE sessions, and usually a hosted lunch. The Section also presents other CLE programs on-line which focus on a broad range of topics, and publishes a newsletter,” Life Begins”, with articles of interest to senior lawyers. Section members are encouraged to submit articles for the newsletter.
Section Executive Committee Elections
The Section is conducting elections for open positions on the executive committee.
Voting is scheduled for June 20–30, 2022.
Candidate information, Open Positions, and Terms
For more information about the Section and its executive committee, please review the Section's bylaws. Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by position.
Secretary: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2022, and ending Sept. 30, 2024.
Candidate: Albert Armstrong III
Treasurer: one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2022, and ending Sept. 30, 2023.
Candidate: Joseph Gordon
At-Large Member (nine positions open): one-year position beginning Oct. 1, 2022, and ending Sept. 30, 2023.
Candidate 1: William Cameron
Candidate 2: Brian Comstock
Candidate 3: Stephen DeForest
Candidate 4: Carole Grayson
Candidate 5: Jeanine Lutzenhiser
Candidate 6: Jim Riehl
Candidate 7: Jennifer Rydberg
Candidate 8: Morris Shore
Candidate 9: David Sprinkle
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcing the Latest Issue of Life Begins, the Senior Lawyers Newsletter!
Spring 2022 - Read it here!
Section List Serve
- This is a "closed" list serve, which means it is not open to anyone not currently subscribed. Only current subscribers of the list serve can receive/send email to the list serve.
- Please note that the name of the list serve will be automatically added before the subject line of your message. The list name will appear in brackets. This allows you to use the list serve name as a filter when receiving email messages and setting up rules that you use to manage your email folders.
- This list serve allows attachments; however, the total message size including attachments is limited to 5 megabytes.
- Please review the List Serve Guidelines before sending messages to the list serve.
- If you have questions about the list serve, please contact email@example.com.
- To send a message to everyone currently subscribed to this list, address your message to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the "list address." The list serve will automatically distribute the email to all subscribers.
- A subject line is required on all email messages sent to the list serve.
- Include a signature block at the bottom of the message, or some other contact information (i.e. name and email address or phone number).
Responding to Messages
When you use "Reply" to respond to an email sent to the list serve, your message will go only to the author of the email. When you use "Reply All," your message will go to the author and to all members of the list serve.
WSBA Member Benefits
Did you know there are several important member benefits and tools that come with WSBA membership including professional liability insurance and Casemaker? You can also find group medical insurance plans can be found through a broker and individual plans can be found through a broker or on the Exchange.
Chair: Eleanor Doermann (2021-2022)
Secretary: Albert Armstrong III (2021-2022)
Treasurer: Stephen DeForest (interim) (2021-2022)
Newsletter Contact, "Life Begins":
Board of Governors Liaison*: Jordan Couch (2021-2022)
The Executive Committee of the Senior Lawyers Sections meets on the third Tuesday of each month (except December, July, and August) 10:30 a.m. to noon. Meetings have taken place at the Broadmoor Golf Club, 2340 Broadmoor Drive E., Seattle, WA 98112, but are currently being held virtually via Zoom.
Please contact Eleanor Doermann for further details on upcoming meetings.
For general section questions, please send your email address and Bar number to email@example.com. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact the section Chair Eleanor Doermann.